Friday, February 22, 2008

I have been a terrible blogger, but I promise to do better!

When I started this blog it was at the request of my boss. Our company does a lot of work in the Web 2.0 (by the way, I hate that term) space and wanted me to blog as a way to show how Web 2.0-ey we are. Since I already have a pretty active personal site he felt I would be the perfect person to be a blogging maniac.

That hasn't worked out quite so well.

My personal site is clicking along nicely and I get a fair amount of hits. The trick is that it is much easier to think of things to write about over there because over there I can talk about absolutely anything. This site is supposed to be all professional and stuff so that makes it much harder. I try to think of things that are relevant to recruiting and HR. That gets tricky because I am, generally speaking, the kind of person that does my best blogging on completely inane and often snarky stuff. I am not sure HR is supposed to be snarky. At least not in public.

Yesterday I got an email from a colleague that reminded me of a couple of things:

1. The internet? It's forever. Once you put something out there is takes on a life of its own. That is either really, really cool OR really, really terrifying.
2. People do actually read what I write and some of them? They LIKE it! Whee!

So, I have to say a big thank you to Howard for pulling me back into the land of professional blogging. I am going to do my best to post at least once a week on this site. You just have to promise not to form a torch-bearing mob if I don't make it happen Every. Single. Week.

If anyone has recommendations for topics that are of interest please let me know. I may not know everything about recruiting/HR, but what I don't know I can certainly make up! Hee!

No comments: